If you like what you’re hearing, subscribe to the FourFiveSix podcast by clicking here and you’ll get great ideas for your preteen ministry four, five, or six times a week.
Today, you’ll hear some ideas for dealing with homesickness at camp, through both preventative and responsive measures.
- Letter to Parents with helpful hints for homesickness, and a link to information like this.
- Expectations and rules made clear…about parent visits, phone calls, letters, etc.
- No “Mail Call” – see this podcast for more information on this
- No phone calls
- Having assigned leaders who have strategies for dealing with homesickness, including these:
- “It’s a big deal”
- “What’s happening here at camp?”
- “Take your thoughts captive”
How do you deal with homesickness at your camps? Let us know in the comment section below.
Have a question about preteen ministry or a unique preteen ministry idea that we can feature on our podcast? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.